On January 17th, the Open Payments dataset was updated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), reflecting changes that took place since the last publication on June 30th, 2016.
Click here to view the updated dataset.
The Open Payments data is revised by CMS at least once a year to include updates from disputes and other data corrections made since the data’s initial publication. All types of payments or transfers of value to physicians and teaching hospitals and physician ownership or investment interests are effected by these updates.
The updates include:
- Changes made to records
- Changes to delays in publication flags
- Changes to disputed records
- Records that were deleted
Additionally, the CMS has enhanced the Open Payments data website. Enhancements include:
- Overall site redesign, featuring newly designed profile pages, headers, footers, and search tool
- New social media icons enabling users to share pages via Facebook, Twitter, and email
- A new Payment Information tab, which includes a bar graph displaying the Top 10 companies making payments. This bar graph can also be toggled to display as a pie chart
- A new table view of companies, enabling users to view an aggregation of all companies making payments
- A new pie chart displaying the breakdown of payments by “nature of payments”