Come help us write great software.
Polaris is looking for software developers ready for a challenge. Ready to forge new solutions to influence healthcare. Ready to create future software releases at a rapidly growing organization. Ready to join an organization that values creativity and ingenuity without roadblocks. Ready to take pride in the work they do every day.
Polaris has opened a brand new, dedicated software development center, and we’re looking for a group of top engineers to join our team.
About Our Development Team
We are a proud team of creative & collaborative thinkers whose reputation as innovators and industry experts is globally recognized. We are a highly motivated team of IT professionals who enjoy creating leading-edge business solutions for the life sciences healthcare law compliance business. The development team’s role is to enhance the organization’s competitive edge by overseeing the integration of today’s ever-changing technology with the ever-changing healthcare laws and regulations.
Our development team is far reaching, and provides its members opportunities to work on a variety of projects and platforms with clients across the globe. We are not measured on daily targets, but on the strength of our solutions. We do not just hire coders; we expect our developers to have careers with us, to grow as individuals in the organization to become leaders and influencers while bringing their best to our software. We are looking to build a team that takes pride in the tools they create.
Polaris’ software development organization is tasked with designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to improve and enhance our product software. Our software is surprisingly complex, constantly evolving, and offers new and exciting challenges while giving developers the ability to think and create. This is a position for a hardworking and creative software developer offering tremendous ability to make an impact.
Supervision and Coordination of Offshore Development Resources (60%)
- Responsible for driving to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and with prestigious quality ensuring development is completed on schedule and budget
- Liaison through which Polaris and vendors to ensure that consistent messages are being given and avoid communication failures
- Contribute to project effort estimations
- Review project requirements and provide feedback to Project Managers and coordinate understanding to the vendors
- Provide code reviews to contribute to continuous improvement
- Escalate time, cost or quality implications to project manager and development manager
- Lead technical knowledge transfer where necessary
Improve Polaris Code Base (40%)
- Analyze existing solutions to provide recommendations on improvements
- Drive development to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and with prestigious quality
- Improve overall architecture by refactoring code to enhance performance and ease of maintenance in accordance with Business priorities.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and maintain suitable coding standards
- Attend personal training for at least one week per half year to improve skills
- Contribute to project effort estimations
The following skills are required for our team members:
- 5-7 years+ experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in ASP.Net, C#, ADO.Net, Web Services, Remoting, Report writers, 3rd party controls and SQL server
- At least 1+ year experience with MVC
- TFS Administration and custom report skills
- Working knowledge of Windows Workflow, and WCF
- At least 1+ year in a leadership role
- Direct experience in scheduling and managing software development
- Experience managing offshore team members
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing abilities
- Team-oriented thinking with demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team
- Proven ability to collaborate with and drive cross-functional and interdepartmental teams
- Strong project management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in Computer Engineering, or related field
The following are preferred, but are not required:
- SharePoint development experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Physical and Location Requirements:
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis (core hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday in the New Jersey Office)
Please submit application here: https://polarismp.workable.com/jobs/182703