Polaris specializes in consulting and technology solutions for pharmaceutical companies. We are at the forefront of the industry in terms of delivering technology through innovation fueled by our entrepreneurial culture.
Polaris employs over 200 people worldwide, and has been in business for more than 15 years. We are a truly global firm, speaking more than 37 languages. We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Amsterdam, Boston, and San Francisco.
The San Francisco-based Polaris Solutions team is searching for an energetic, problem-solving Project Manager (PM) with SaaS implementation experience to join our growing technology team.
As a Project Manager at Polaris, you will own and grow relationships with key Polaris accounts, acting as a partner in celebrating successes and an escalation point for concerns.
You will leverage Polaris Solutions’ collaborative delivery units, including support, development, implementation, and client teams to drive account objectives and ensure defined goals are met.
You will master all aspects of Polaris’ delivery life cycle, including contracting, consulting, project execution, support, business process outsourcing, and client management.
- Project Management & Implementation: Deliver on-time, on-budget, in-scope projects; Wear multiple hats as a lead, and individual contributor throughout the project (manage projects, requirements gathering, User Acceptance Testings, etc)
- Subject Matter Expertise: Develop an understanding of Polaris’ offerings particularly as they relate to compliance and transparency in the life sciences; Master the Polaris methodology and approach to systems implementation
- Account Management & Client Engagement: Own and grow client relationships with Polaris’ West Coast clients, becoming a trusted point of contact; accountable for the overall health of the diverse client portfolio as demonstrated by client satisfaction surveys, additional business opportunities for Polaris and defined client metrics and objectives being met
- Business Development: Contracting and pricing of system customizations; assist with identifying and developing new technology offerings, functionality and sales opportunities
- Mentorship & Office Management Support: Provide mentorship for junior staff member; support the growth of the organization; assume additional office responsibilities (e.g., career management, mentoring, recruiting, training, attending conferences); Special projects and internal projects will also be assigned on an as needed basis
- 5+ years in a project management role for a SaaS based organization
- Management consulting/systems integration experience, preferably with a Big 4 or similar consulting firm focusing on the Pharma industry, a plus
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required (Computing / Engineering / MIS / Information Science) Analytical and quantitative: comfortable with numbers, strong business acumen, and excellent leadership skills
- Successful track record in growing accounts and consistently maintaining positive client relationships; enterprise account management experience a plus
- Willingness to have a different opinion, ability to articulate thoughts and concepts well
- Ability to manage projects end-to-end with limited direction
- Ability and willingness to attain and improve skills related to the Polaris Core Competencies
- Experience or knowledge of pharmaceutical industry not required, but definitely a plus — Specific technologies preferred: ASP.NET, SQL, Java, Windows Architecture [IIS, Windows Server], Microsoft Office Expertise, SAP/Oracle Apps
- Knowledge of specific project management methodology (e.g. PMI) and/or software development (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, SDLC etc.) preferred
- Have willingness and preference to “roll up sleeves” and work alongside a small and dedicated team
Physical and Location Requirements:
- Ability to work in the office on a regular basis (core hours are 9 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday in the San Francisco Office)
We offer you a career
While we will offer you a specific role (your starting role will be determined based on your experience), it is our goal to offer you a career. With our strong focus on personal development, we want to help you continue to grow as a professional as well as within our organization. Our model comprises of six roles: analyst, consultant, senior consultant, project manager, director, and partner. It is our goal to help you progress through these steps.
In addition, we strongly believe that being part of a small and growing team provides a great degree of freedom and independence that will result in an enjoyable and unparalleled learning experience.
- Very attractive salary and benefits (competitive within the consulting industry)
- An open company culture – not hierarchical – ability to work closely with partners, directors, and other senior team members internally and with clients
- An office in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco, minutes away from Montgomery BART
- On-site gym & annual contribution towards fitness-related expenses
- Lots and lots of snacks
- Monthly team events like happy hours, go-carting, off-site dinners
- A career management program tailored to your development needs
- The opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues with backgrounds in consulting and IT, who have worked for companies such as McKinsey, BCG and Accenture
- The possibility to specialize in the fields of consulting, IT, and Life Sciences
Please submit application here: https://jobs.iqvia.com/ Please fill out the keyword search for Polaris and search for the job title in this